Ch.0

The glass candle is meant to represent truth and learning, rare and beautiful and fragile things. It is made in the shape of a candle to remind us that a maester must cast light wherever he serves, and it is sharp to remind us that knowledge can be dangerous. Wise men may grow arrogant in their wisdom, but a maester must always remain humble. The glass candle reminds us of that as well. Even after he has said his vow and donned his chain and gone forth to serve, a maester will think back on the darkness of his vigil and remember how nothing that he did could make the candle burn . . . for even with knowledge, some things are not possible.

玻璃蠟燭代表真理和知識,珍貴、美麗而又脆弱。蠟燭的形狀提醒我們,無論在何處服務,學士都必須放射光明,驅散愚昧;蠟燭鋒利的邊緣告誡我們,知識也有危險的一面,博學之士亦會因智慧而自負,身為學士,定要始終保持謙卑;最後,玻璃蠟燭還讓我們謹記,在立誓之前,在戴上項鍊之前,在供職之前,於黑暗中度過的漫漫長夜,謹記自己無論如何也無法點燃那支蠟燭......一個人縱然滿腹學識,卻也並非無所不能。

 

 

Ch.3

A Hand without a hand? A bad jape, sister.

沒了隻手的宰相,別說笑了,姊姊。

(這句英文真是俏皮啊...)

 

"Rule? I said naught of ruling. I shall rule until my son comes of age."

統治?哪來的統治?我會攝政到我兒成年。

"I don't know who I pity more," her brother said. "Tommen, or the Seven Kingdoms."

我不知道自己比較同情誰,托曼還是七大王國。

 

 

Ch7. Cersei

 

You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor worm your halls on a cold night.

愛不能吃,也不能用來買馬匹,更不能在寒夜中溫暖你家大廳。

"Tommen has his mother."

"Aye," he added softly, after a pause, "and his father too, I think."

"托曼有他的母親"
"唉,"他頓了頓,輕聲補充,"也許還有他的父親。"

 

 

Ch15.Samwell

 

“Egg, I dreamed that I was old.”

“伊耿,我夢到自己變老了。”

The worst isn't done. The worst is just beginning, and there are no happy endings.

最壞的還沒結束,糟糕的才要開始,而一切沒有好的結局。

 

 

Ch16.Jaime

The youngest man ever to serve in the Kingsguard, until me. He was given his cloak on a battlefield and died within an hour of donning it."

他是御林鐵衛在我之前史上最年輕的騎士,在戰場上被授予爵位,並在一個鐘頭後戰死。

"He can't have been very good."

他的武藝應該不怎麼樣。

"Good enough. He died, but his king lived.

夠怎麼樣了,他死了,但他的國王活下來了。

 

 

Ch.19

The dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger!

逝者不死,必將再起,其勢更烈。

 

 

Ch.21 THE QUEENMAKER

"I was so careful. How could he know?"

我已經這麼小心了,他是怎麼知道的?

"Someone told." Hotah shrugged. "Someone always tells."

有人告密,總是會有人告密。

 

 

Ch.22 Arya

"It's just a sword," she said, aloud this time . . .

"這只是一把劍"她大聲的說

. . . but it wasn't.

...但它不只是一把劍。

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me "little sister," she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes.

縫衣針是羅柏是布蘭是瑞肯,是她的母親與父親,甚至是珊莎。縫衣針是臨冬城的灰色城牆,是裡頭人們的笑聲。縫衣針是夏日的降雪,老奶媽的故事,有紅色樹葉與人臉的城心樹,玻璃花園的溫暖泥土味道,窗戶上北風的震動。縫衣針是瓊恩‧雪諾的微笑。他總是弄亂她的頭髮呼喚"我的小妹" 她記得。

忽然之間淚水充滿了她的眼睛。

 

 

Ch.27Jaime

"Men shall name you Goldenhand from this day forth, my lord,"

他們會從今天起以"金手"稱呼您,大人。

 

He was wrong. I shall be the Kingslayer till I die.

錯,我到死都還會是弒君者。

 

 

Ch.30 Jaime

"You killed the king," he said, "then you fucked the queen."

你殺了國王,並且睡了皇后。

 

 

Ch.33 Jaime

Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you.

提利昂才是泰溫真正的兒子,不是你。

 

 

Ch.38 Jaime

Jaime resolved to be the first man on the battlements.

And with this golden hand of mine, most like the first to fall.

在戰場上他總是身先士卒,而如果用這隻手戰鬥,他大概也是第一個陣亡的。

 

"Lady? I'm no lady. I'm the queen."

女士,我不是甚麼女士,我是皇后。

"My sister will be surprised to hear that."

我姐姐聽到一定會很驚訝的。

"Lord Ryman crowned me his very self." She gave a shake of her ample hips. "I'm the queen o' whores."

雷曼大人為我加冕,我是妓女皇后。

No, Jaime thought, my sweet sister holds that title too.

不,這個頭銜也是屬於我的好姐姐的。

 

"Only a fool makes threats he's not prepared to carry out. If I were to threaten to hit you unless you shut your mouth, and you presumed to speak, what do you think I'd do?"

只有白癡才會用你不會去執行的事當威脅,如果我說你再開口我就揍你,你覺得我會怎麼做?

"Ser, you do not unders-"

大人,你不了解...

Jaime hit him.
詹姆打了他。

A Lannister pays his debts

蘭尼斯特有債必償。

 

 

Ch.42 Brienne

"She wants her son alive, or the men who killed him dead

她想要她的兒子活,或者是殺了他的兇手死。

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    星霜 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()